What are the requirements for handling gas cylinders?
When it comes to industrial gas cylinders, there are certain safety hazards. I believe this is very clear to everyone, but for industrial gas cylinders, how to avoid these hidden dangers and safety management information may not be familiar to everyone. Its safety management is divided into many parts, including use, storage, handling, filling and so on. Today, Xiaobian will come to everyone to talk about the requirements of handling gas cylinders!
1. When carrying the gas cylinder, tighten the bottle cap and move it in the upright position. Pay attention to light loading and unloading. It is forbidden to lift the gas cylinder from the bottle cap.
2. Move the gas cylinder at a short distance (within 5m), and turn the bottom of the bottle with the shoulder of the bottle, and use gloves. When the moving distance is long, the gas cylinder should be transported by a special trolley, and in special cases, it can be handled by an appropriate safety method.
3. It is forbidden to use the body to carry a gas cylinder with a height of more than 1.5m into a trolley or a special hanging basket, etc., and the rolling method of rotating the bottom of the bottle by the hand-held bottle shoulder can be used.
4. When unloading the vehicle, put a cushion or rubber pad on the place where the gas bottle is dropped, and unload the truck one by one. When loading and unloading oxygen cylinders, work clothes, gloves, handling tools, and implements must not be greased.
5. When lifting the cylinder, use a special basket or rack. Do not use wire rope or chain slings. It is strictly forbidden to use electromagnetic cranes and chains when lifting cylinders with cranes.